Friday 25 January 2013

52 weeks of happy

{16/52}
52 weeks of happy
1. although i'd be quite happy to wake up tomorrow to find it all had melted, it still makes me happy to find the beauty in all that white stuff we've been getting
2. a bright & cheery new table cloth, a fab bargain in the cath kidston sale, i was lucky to find some of this in the chichester store as they'd sold out online, my last one had lasted years & years but had a few cuts in {mostly my fault!} but there were enough of them to mean that wherever i sat the smallest ones they always managed to spill their drink right on one of the parts with a hole in!
3. one a penny, two a penny, i love hot cross buns, even better are the discovery of the M&S apple & cinnamon ones {i'm also really keen to try out their belgium chocolate ones too, thanks to the tip from mrs biddle!} 
4. i've totally loved watching the great british bake off for comic relief this week & have been rather obsessed about making a bakewell tart since, it was an itch i just had to scratch, so i made some bakewell slices this afternoon, timed perfectly to be ready when we got in from school - they are every bit as yummy as i had hoped {i used the recipe from my very well used rachael allen 'bake' book}

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, didn't realise there was any Bake Off on TV at the mo. Thanks for the heads up - I know what I'll be watching whilst tucked under a blanket tonight! Love that show. Have a great weekend Kelly. I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend visiting a very dear friend who lives in Lewes. Love that town, especially the shops and cafes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy pictures! Your bakewell slice looks fab.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a CK tablecloth too, invaluable with little ones! I'm now wondering about a cloth one but know I'll regret it after the first spill! (that's from me, not the girls! :) x

    ReplyDelete