Wednesday, 13 June 2012

dresden flower placemat

another quick project to use up the fabric scraps, although i think i had enlarged the pattern more than was called for, as the placemat came out rather large, in fact if i'd added some wadding it would have made a rather lovely chair cushion! ho-hum, it will look pretty under a vase of flowers or as a table centre piece, i followed the pattern from the book 'quilting in no time' by Emma Hardy {which i had picked up at a great price from the book people through our pre-school} i love these quick 'pick me up' projects & they are a great way to use up some of the many fabric scraps i've collected
dresden flower placemat
dresden flower placemat
dresden flower placemat

5 comments:

  1. I love it, the colours work so well together. I am going to have a go at log cabin quilting soon and a dresden plate mini quilt is definitely on my list of things to tackle (tackle being the appropriate work in my case!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Kelly.......I have this book on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am passing on the Sunshine Award to you. Check out my post for June 13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so pretty Kelly....and with so many possibilities
    hope you are all well
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete