Wednesday 13 June 2012

dresden flower placemat

another quick project to use up the fabric scraps, although i think i had enlarged the pattern more than was called for, as the placemat came out rather large, in fact if i'd added some wadding it would have made a rather lovely chair cushion! ho-hum, it will look pretty under a vase of flowers or as a table centre piece, i followed the pattern from the book 'quilting in no time' by Emma Hardy {which i had picked up at a great price from the book people through our pre-school} i love these quick 'pick me up' projects & they are a great way to use up some of the many fabric scraps i've collected
dresden flower placemat
dresden flower placemat
dresden flower placemat

4 comments:

  1. I love it, the colours work so well together. I am going to have a go at log cabin quilting soon and a dresden plate mini quilt is definitely on my list of things to tackle (tackle being the appropriate work in my case!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Kelly.......I have this book on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am passing on the Sunshine Award to you. Check out my post for June 13.

    ReplyDelete