Tuesday 17 January 2012

good timing

i couldn't finish these socks quick enough - i've been 'right down to my bones' cold today, so cold that after i'd finished off a few tasks which couldn't be avoided, i made a cuppa, a hot water bottle & snuggled up on the sofa with the dog, the socks & a film i'd recorded a while back, what a treat eh - it really was lovely, the socks got finished & put straight on, where they still are, not sure i'm going to want to take them off any time soon, it's still so cold
hermione's library socks
hermione's library socks
hermione's library socks
hermione's library socks
these socks make me very happy, they are knitted up in some regia 'world college' yarn {which was on special at kemps but think they have now sold out} in the library colour way, i used my usual 'go to' sock pattern, but took the textured pattern from these socks, they turned out a treat!
ravelry details here

7 comments:

  1. toasty! Love them teamed with those lovely buckley shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely, your socks and shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these socks ~ they look really warm and cozy! The colours are fab too. I'm in the middle of knitting my first pair of socks at the moment and am nearly finished the first one. I think it is all finally sinking in! :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very snuggly and warm - like your shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.. toasty warm too I imagine :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous socks. ....I think my pup might try to eat them off my feet though...he has a thing for feet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your socks are wonderful - cute dog too. I think I should take a leave out of your book and treat myself to a film and a bit of knitting - very theraputic, especailly with a result like yours!

    ReplyDelete