Saturday 17 September 2011

got there in the end

one of my friends had a little baby girl on the 31st august & i've been trying to knit her a little something ever since, three attempts later i finally have something to give to her - i'm just hoping the little one hasn't grown too much!
fairytale cardigan
i used some patons eco cotton i got from kemps, it was lovely to knit with & i just love this colour, very girly without being too pink, i'm not quite sure what went wrong, i tried two different patterns before settling on this one, it was from an old 'patons' baby booklet called 'fairytales', this was pattern number 17, i raided my mums pattern stash when we were visiting over the summer {she used to own a wool shop 20ish years ago} so i know it's now out of print, it did highlight my love of 'top down - knit in one piece patterns' as i hated having to sew this one up at the end!
fairytale cardigan
details over on ravelry

11 comments:

  1. Oh it's so lovely! I haven't knitted anything in an age- too busy at the gym :-( Must dig out a project for the winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful cardigan! I've been so focused on crochet that I haven't knitted for a while. Its inspired me to dig out my needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's as gorgeous as ever xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cardi, I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect shade of pink! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning and precious gift, makes me want to learn how to knit!
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, and to have knitted it in under 3 weeks is perfectly acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have pale pink wool calling to me from my stash for just the same project. Hopefully, she'll still be shopping at baby gap by the time it's finished... Lovely colour. C.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful cardigan and you're right about the colour, so perfectly muted. I started knitting a jumper for my boy back in April and it's been lying in a bag for the past several months. I'm also a little nervous to get it out now in case it's going to be too small!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so sweet! I adore my boys but I do sometimes hanker after a little girl to dress in just that shade and style. Glad you got it finished. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous little gift and I am loving the colour -- well done you, from a new little stalker!!

    ReplyDelete