Wednesday 25 May 2011

mini granny stripes

i couldn't resist a little go at the granny stripe pattern & at the same time managed to use up just about every gram of the debbie bliss 'pure cotton' yarn

mini granny stripe

there was just about enough to make a small dolly sized blanket, i'm well & truly hooked, what a great pattern, i really will be making a big version of this once i get a few other projects finished first!

mini granny stripe

i also wanted to thank Margaret from paper pastries for sending over the lovely 'message in a bottle kit' i'd won over on 'the ardent sparrow's' giveway, it's ever so sweet, thank you

message in a bottle

7 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog here. I'm glad I found you, and I'll be back. Welcome to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous way of using up the odds and ends... Xx ... Colours look beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colourful blanket.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I REALLY want to get granny striping! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a scarf in that pattern!
    http://thingslearntthehardway.blogspot.com/2011/05/some-completed-crochet-at-last.html
    Didn't realise Lucy had posted it as I was using the 200 Crochet Blocks book.

    Also, I have passed along the Kreativ Award to you!
    http://thingslearntthehardway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous granny-ness. I have made FOUR huge granny stripes now and am still mad about them. Sad I have never got to keep one for myself :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to you!
    I came here via Nimblefingerssteadyeyebrows and I'm so glad to be with you.
    Love your Granny stripe- will put on my to-do list right away.
    I'm also in West Sussex so feel very at home here!
    Am your newest follower so I can keep up with all your lovely things!
    If you have the time, and the inclination, do pop over and see me at my blog- I like a little bit of crochet too!

    ReplyDelete