Monday 23 May 2011

good'granny'ness

a granny a day - finished

what a week, i think after all my making & blogging during kcwc i needed a week off, we've also had a busy weekend of visiting & big birthday parties, all good fun but rather tiring, so it's great that this post will be photo heavy & word lite, the circle in a square granny blanket is finished {finally!} 

ta-da

a granny a day - finished

this little beauty was a long time in the making {16 months to be exact} but well worth the effort, i had a last minute change of plan with the layout & didn't go with making it square, this way it can either happily sit on the back of the sofa or it also fit's little O's bed rather well {i wish it was big enough for our bed, but then that would probably have taken five years to make!}

a granny a day - finished

i'm already thinking about what my next big project can be, i really want to make a granny stripe blanket as i've seen so many lovely one's on ravelry, 

a granny a day - finished

the details are over on my ravelry page, or on previous blog post here

a granny a day - finished


16 comments:

  1. Love love love it. Fabulous colours and looks lovely on your bed. How do you sew the squares together? I only know one way and love the effect of yours. Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous! Well done, lovely. I fancy a granny stripe too, or maybe a ripple. Hmmm, so many project ideas, so little time! At least you've got on big one finished :)Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so gorgeous, I really like all the colours with the white, looks very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it is so so pretty. Love the colours- it will be treasured for ever, so well worth the effort x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful blanket - the colours are lovely!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - thought i was all over the fact i couldn't crochet..but this thing of beauty had made me realise i still need to learn.
    fee x
    (blanket envy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, well done - always an achievement to finish a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is the most gorgeous blanket. What a feat. Just lovely - well done. Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, that is absolutely gorgeous! makes mine that I recently finished look decidedly plain and tiny! lol

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blanket - it's so cheerful and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful! The blanket will be treasured for generations, every square made with love! Do try a granny stripe next, it whips up so quickly, and no doubt you will put together a gorgeous colour scheme! -cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its just lovely, you must be very pleased. I love the way you have joined the squares it really adds to its look. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!!! Just so so gorgeous!!! Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's making me want to radically change the baby blanket I am doing. It's GORGEOUS! I loves it, I do!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful.... I have so many that are almost complete... Lol ... Must get on and finish something ... I am inspired ...xxxx

    ReplyDelete