Sunday 30 January 2011

the prettiest pin-wheels


the finished 30's pin-wheel quilt top 


can't quite believe that i bought this fabric nearly a year ago (from the quilt room but don't think they have it in stock any more), then spent an age thinking about what i wanted to do with it! 


turns out it will be for little O, for her 'big' bed, when we eventually get it that is (i'm trying to hang on until we move - which is likely to be the end of feb, all being well!) this also gives me some time to find the right backing fabric & make a start on quilting it


once the pin-wheel blocks were all made, it came together really quickly, they were well worth the effort,  i feel i'm getting better at piecing my quilts, don't get me wrong, there are still a few parts that don't fit exactly right, but it's by far the neatest quilt top i've made

16 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! It is absolutely beautiful! You make me want to make one! A true treasure... Little O will have it forever. LOu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am in awe and tremendously inspired too. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, you should be really pleased with yourself, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! One of these days I'm going to learn how to quilt. After I finish the gazillion crochet projects I have started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly- I adore it. You are so so clever- what a wonderful heirloom! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous and looks so well made, well done you! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so very lovely. You must be really proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lush Kelly!
    You know somehow I lost track of you, I didnt realise you were into patchwork (or if I did I forgot what with my crochet obsession last year).

    My point, I've been really frustrated of late trying to find British patchworkers, and here you are!

    I am nearing the end of a crazy handpieced quilt right now, not looking forward to quilting though!!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt. I used to go in the quilt room all the time when I lived in Leatherhead. Great little shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous quilt. Lucky O! And what an heirloom it will become. Lovely colours, so cheerful and makes one smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so absolutely gorgeous. What a fantastic quilt - very inspiring indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pin wheels, I have some charm squares I am trying to decide what to do with, this could be just the job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pin wheels. I made my mum a double pin wheel quilt for her birthday a good five years ago now.

    Good luck with the move - hope it's local or dream location.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful Kelly! I've just discovered the joy of pinwheels too. Can't wait to see it all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beauty! Such spring like, cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just so pretty! And, you know, I've never thought of doing pinwheels and it's such a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete