well this is the little project i have been so excited about!, i spent a (very) little time making up my own pattern, using the vintage smock pattern as a starting point, i knew how i wanted it to look & it was just a case of trying the paper pattern on little O as i went, (she was very accommodating, i think she thought i was making her a paper dress)
& was just so blinking lucky that it worked out, i changed the shape of the bottom hem, made the back longer so it is more like a dress, then made longer straps to go over from the front, so they would cross over at the back,
it's hugely adjustable, as there is a good few inches of fabric overlapping at the back, & i put about 4 button holes on each strap, (she's wearing them on the shortest setting now)
the pockets are slightly too large (although she loves them!) i made them using this tutorial,
the fabric is from the 'snippets' range by American Jane for moda, & i had some left over from a metres worth, i had a FQ in the lighter blue to make the pockets in, i only wish i had brought more, as i can't seem to find much of this about now (although i have a charm pack stashed away for a rainy day), & i lined it again with a natural coloured muslin,
i just wish i could get away with making one in my size!