Friday 12 March 2010

a little smock

i've had this pattern on my 'to make' list for ages! & whilst little O was napping this week, i found the time for some sewing,
this came together 'amazingly' quickly, i made it up using some of the fabric from a thrifted skirt & just lined it with some cheap old muslin, the pattern did come up a little small, so i am unable to tie the straps together,

so another first for me, i put some button holes in!!!!! which was way easier than i ever thought it would be. (these photos are pre-button holes hence it's held together with safety pins - nice!)

little O seems to be very happy with it too (she's so excited she can't stay still!), i can't wait to get going on the next one, thinking maybe i'll add some pockets next time!

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable and if it's a quick sew then all the better.

    Have a fabulous weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man, this sweet little smock makes me want to have a little one to put it on! So so cute- maybe I even want one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely. I've made a few similar for my daughter (she even has matching ones for her dolly!)
    Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete