Monday 2 March 2009

Can't stop knitting

Another mild & sunny day, which brought with it more time to sit out in the garden finishing off another cardigan for little O.
Big G & i had made some cakes early today, but for some reason (unknown to me) they were a bit of a disaster & had stuck really badly to the parer cases, it wasn't a recipe i had tried before but it seemed pretty basic, it may have been because i substituted blueberries for strawberries? but that's the only reason i can think of. Anyway we made light work of removing all trace of this mishap by eating all the evidence (having peeled as much of the paper as we could off first!)

This is the finished cardi, I'm so pleased with how this turned out, the pattern was from ravelry, but i changed it quite a bit. I knitted it up in patons 'washed haze' aran, which was a lucky find in the odd ball bin in the Chichester C&H fabrics, i barley broke into the 4th ball, so the total cost was about £3.50! i had planned on using the lovely cupcake buttons from Joanne, but they were too big for my button holes. Now i really must get on with those socks of mine!

ohh & after a little trip to Ikea at the weekend, i have got some new fabric to share with you, but haven't taken any pictures yet - will do later in the week.

5 comments:

  1. Cardi is gorgeous - I love the contrast of the buttons :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this cardigan. Your little one wearing it is such a poppet :o) The Gnome hat is wonderful too.
    xx
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a lovely cardigan - lovely yarn too (and all the better for beuing a bargain!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly

    I am new at blogging. This is a test to see if I can leave a comment. Thanks for letting me give this a try.

    ReplyDelete